MBA Summer Intern – Research Analyst (Technology Sector)
To apply for this role, send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Eventide is a growing, and mission-driven company looking to attract people who are eager to serve others and the global common good. Eventide employees work hard for the sake of others—our clients, other employees, and our world. We’re looking to make the world rejoice through a different kind of investing that puts capital to work in great businesses. Our mission is to honor God and serve our clients by seeking out investments in businesses creating compelling value for the global common good. Our proprietary Business 360® framework helps us identify and analyze stakeholder-oriented companies. Come join this exciting cause!
The Research Analyst Intern will be responsible for conducting investment analysis on companies and industries, within the sector of technology, in order to find the highest value creators and most compelling investment opportunities within that sector. The analyst makes investment recommendations that fit within Eventide’s Business 360 philosophy and screens; contributes to Eventide’s collaborative investment process by sharing views with investment team; assists portfolio managers by providing input on portfolio strategy, portfolio construction, and opinions on securities covered by other members of the investment team; and reviews investment operations, policies, and procedures and recommends changes to increase efficiency. The intern is familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures of investment analysis and valuation and has demonstrated interest in technology and/or growth investing.
Applications for this position will be accepted through December 31, 2021 and interviews will commence starting mid-January, 2022.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative fundamental analysis of companies, including assessment of competitive advantage, management team, industry structure, and B360 criteria. Performs independent due diligence (e.g. speaking with company management teams and industry experts) in addition to analyzing publicly available data (e.g. SEC documents, company conference calls).
- Makes investment buy/sell recommendations by conducting detailed fundamental analyses of companies and industries, evaluating B360 criteria, building financial forecast models, performing valuation analyses, and assessing the risks.
- Analyzes financial metrics of companies by evaluating historical performance and building models of financial statements, including proprietary forecasts. Performs valuation analyses on companies, including price targets as well as upside and downside valuation.
- Presents investment recommendations with verbal and written communication.
- Provides input on portfolio holdings that are covered by other investment team members.
- Participates in ad hoc research projects and takes on additional roles as required in a small firm setting.
- Other related duties as to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in the investment industry; including mutual funds, hedge funds, private equity, investment banking or related entity
- Excellent research, financial modeling, analytical, and valuation skills
- Demonstrates the core values of Eventide in execution of duties
- Demonstrates good judgment and integrity in decision making
- Demonstrates good working relationships with all teammates and departments
- Ability to work with Compliance of Eventide’s Code of Ethics
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Department: Portfolio Management
FLSA Status: Status
Position reports to: Portfolio Manager
Position supervises: No one